Saturday, March 7, 2009

1 AM Workout :)

It's so funny Chrissy posted about stress eating this week. I've been super busy and hadn't even checked this blog since I last posted. I had a stressful night tonight, fighting with my hubby. My first reaction was too eat. Never mind it was after midnight, I really started craving a bowl of Captain Crunch (cereal is one of my biggest comfort foods).

But instead I kicked butt! I did a 20 minute work-out with my music cranked up! So here it is almost 1 in the morning and I just got done exercising. I feel great :)

I downloaded some of my favorite music earlier and listening to it is great. Another thing I think is funny Chrissy posted about is her fasting. I've been on a music fast of sorts. I haven't turned on the radio in my car or house for about three weeks. I've enjoyed the silence as I drive to and from work each day. It's a 20-30 minute drive each way and I do it 1-2 times a day. So I've had a lot of quiet alone time. It's fabulous. But tonight I felt like I needed a stress reliever.

I'll probably still leave the radio off in the car, but tonight I've been rockin' out to the White Stripes, the Flobots, Avril Lavigne, Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift, the Plain White T's and Loggins and Messina... LOL Yes... I have a very random taste in music! Depending on my mood you'll hear everything at my house from Metallica to Broadway to Country to Alternative! My kids have learned to have the same random tastes. They'll have their mp3 players on and be singing along to Bon Jovi or Guns n Roses... he he he

anyways... I'm supposing I should meander my way to bed... I still haven't been sleeping super well. Too much going on, I guess.

2 comments:

Heather said...

that is awesome! its great that you took an opportunity to focus on the healthy choice vs what your body and mind might be screaming at you to want. if you can push through these types of things, you will find it easier each time you get the urge to stress eat.

Shiloah Baker said...

I love music and especially music that gives me energy! It's better than caffeine. :)