Monday, November 17, 2008

Slow & Steady Wins the Race

With less than 5% of people who lose weight keeping it off, I'm trying to do this the right way.... the life style change way, not the diet way. Massive crazy workouts for an hour every day, avoiding all _______ (fill in the blank w/carbs, sugar, fats, whatever) and weighing myself every day is not going to be a life style change for me. That's not something I can keep up. Years ago I used to try. I'd kill myself counting calories eaten & lost and dripping with sweat after work-outs. I'd avoid all unhealthiness, but after 7 or 8 months I'd crash and burn. I couldn't keep it up.

I don't have the best eating habits out there, but they're definitely not the worst either. By eating mostly healthy and working out 30 minutes a day in my home while I watch tv, I'm losing little bits every week. This is a life style change. I can keep this up forever and it makes me happy to see the little bits of fat going away. I know if I was seeing big blobs of fat going away I'd be happier, but for me it's not real. It would be back soon. This is my lose-it-and-keep-it-off fitness plan and it works for me. It wouldn't work for everyone, but it works for me.

Here are the measurements for the week:

weight: 165
waist: 35 1/2
hips: 42 3/4
r thigh: 24 3/4
l thigh: 24 1/2
r arm: 14
l arm: 14 1/2

6 comments:

Becky Fyfe said...

You're doing great!

Momzoo said...

keep it up, you are my insperation. I am having such a hard time right now.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are doing so well and have such a great attitude and mentality. I have no doubt in my mind that you will succeed!!

Thanks for being such an inspiration.

Heather said...

that is the best way to do it...slow and steady and making little changes a day at at time. then this is much more likely to stick and become part of your lifestyle, rather than a phase.

Shiloah Baker said...

I'm glad you found something that works for you! That is awesome!

Tereza said...

I agree...your plan is kind of what I'm doing (and for health reasons too)and sure enough...a pound here a pound there is melting away!