Friday, March 27, 2009

Thanks

Thanks for the encouraging comments yesterday. My hubby has the attitude that he should always be honest and who cares who's hurt. If your feelings are hurt it means you're weak. Now for a woman who has always struggled with depression and self esteem problems, it's hard for me to deal with this. I don't find it motivating to have someone tell me I'm gonna get fatter if I eat something unhealthy or that I look like I need to exercise. Believe me, I've learned to not ask if something makes me look fat. I know these things already. I know I'm fat. I know I don't always eat healthy and I know I'm a stress eater. I don't like hearing it from someone I love. Most of you know I've only been remarried for a little over a year. I have put on weight since then. I'm very stressed out and depressed.

I KNOW that I only lose weight when I'm happy. When I have someone putting me down, no matter how well-meaning that put down is supposed to be, I just don't lose weight. I get sad. I'm unmotivated. I cry and eat instead of working out. He knows that it hurts me, and he sees me cry when he says hurtful things, but he's of the attitude that if you don't like it then leave. Anyways... thanks to all my friends here. I love you guys!

8 comments:

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

We each have our situations to deal with at home :) I'm excited for you to make the best out of what you have, no matter who says what. You are so strong, I can definetly tell it in your words.

Keep fighting! I totally believe in you!

H.K. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
H.K. said...

I've found your blog on Mormon Mommy Blogs. I loved reading your post, and relate to it alot it. It could have easily been me who wrote it!

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Sorry hubby wasn't being so nice :( Sometimes people think they are being "well meaning" or "motivating" by saying what they say and just don't realize that it is so hurtful. But, I think that you need to let it all fall on deaf ears. You want to lose weight for YOU and nobody else. Let others think and say what they want. You KNOW you are capable of losing the weight. Put your mind to it. Put all that negative energy from other and all your stress into your desire to make this happen for yourself. You can do it!

Shiloah Baker said...

((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) I'm sorry- I used to fight depression too.

Kel said...

Hi Angie. I just wanted you to know that you're a beautiful woman whether a size 10 or a size 18. You have so many wonderful qualities...it would take me forever to list them! Keep your eyes on the one above and you will achieve all of your hearts desires. With God all things are possible!
-Kel

Erin said...

I just found this blog of yours and I love it. YOu might really, really like Melissa at 365 Days of Exercise (can you believe it? Exercising every day for a year). Anyone who describes herself as a big, fat, hairy geek makes for fun reading, seriously...(she's been in the process of moving for the past week, but still posting via her husband's cell phone)...

As for me, a recovering anorexic for 20+ years, I say we all need support. Progress, Not Perfection

Ryan.Robyn said...

a great workout dvd is Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. It has 3 levels and within each level you can modify the excersizes so you can do them correctly. Plus, it's only 26 minutes including a warm up and cool down. I love it! good luck!